Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Angry Bile Duct

I haven't had health insurance for three months now.  Or two months.  I'm not sure.  Right now I am in a lot of pain from what I'm guessing is my gallbladder.  It's been about a week now with nonstop discomfort with a few bouts of intense pain and nausea mixed in.  The only thing that has gotten me through it is the pain and nausea pills left over from my ER visit in December.  Those are all gone now and I don't know what I should do.  I will probably not get medicaid in the state I currently live in.  You literally have to win a lottery to get it, which I don't really understand.  If I go to the hospital anyway, I'll be stuck with a bill for thousands, possibly tens of thousands of dollars because I know they are going to tell me that I need surgery to remove my awful diseased organ.  I've got the kind of gallbladder disease where my gallbladder pisses off it's neighbors and everyone gets a little bit puffy and swollen.  I'm really not sure what I should do.  Ruin my financial and credit future and go to the ER?  Wait it out and hope it gets better?  This sucks.