Saturday, March 9, 2013

Hospital update

I will be in the hospital until Tuesday.  My first surgery today failed, so I had to repeat it.  I was in so much pain most of the day, especially after the surgery.  They were able to take out a couple impacted stones in my bile ducts which was infecting my liver and pancreas.  The stones could bot have been able to pass on their own.  After some serious pain meds, I now feel so much better than I have in a long time.  They let me eat for the first time since Wednesday afternoon.  Just veggie broth and cranberry juice but it feels amazing to have something in my stomach.

I feel very cared about today.  I had people calling and texting me all day.   I got flowers from several people.  An orchid, lotion, and magazines from Melody and her husband.  I got a bag full of goodies that I can't wait to dive into.

My next surgery is on Monday.