Friday, November 16, 2012

Girl's best friend

How is it possible to feel so lonely with such a sweet face constantly staring at me?  But I do.  I feel pretty lonely and alone and I don't know if that's my reality or just left over from my past.  Is this just a comfortable feeling that I can't shake?  I question every emotion I have lately.  Thanksgiving is a hard time for me.  It's a trauma anniversary and a family focused holiday.  I want to hide until it's over but I'm forcing myself to participate.  I've instigated a dinner with 9 other people, but I don't know all of them.  I'm even cooking the turkey.  I hope I don't poison anyone.  I also ahope I don't freak out in front of my friends. 

He follows me from room to room, staring at me with loving intensity.  When I look at him he thumps his tail on the floor.  I want to find a human who loves me half as much as this guy does.

Cooper