Saturday, August 4, 2012

Credit

Someone put this on my Facebook page and it made me laugh.

I had the best doctor at the Partial program last year, Dr. Patrick.  On my first day he told me, "You know, I would totally get it if you wanted to stand on top of buildings and randomly shoot people."  I was still so very depressed and not really paying attention when he said this.  It took me a moment to process what he said.  When I finally digested that sentence, I had no idea how to respond.  "Um... uh... I'm not... uh... huh?"  He laughed and told me that he thinks I'm amazing for not being a mass murderer after everything I've been through.  I miss him.  He doesn't work for UCLA anymore.  My insurance does not cover him, but my friend, Stacey, still sees him every week.  He is seriously the best doctor I've ever had.  I've never really bonded or connected with a man the way I did with him....or any doctor for that matter.  It's hard not to miss someone who thinks you are fabulous just because you haven't killed anyone.  But he was a very good doctor too.