Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Sleep and friendship

Last night I fell asleep around 11pm and I got up at 8:30am.  I only woke up once in the night because of a nightmare.  "It's just a dream Campbell.  Go back to sleep and kick some ass instead."  That's what I said to myself, giggled, and drifted back to sleep.  That has not happened for me in years.  I took a Lunesta last night.  They did not work for me in the past and gave me horrible nightmares, but they were a miracle last night.  I woke up feeling good, like really good.  I woke up feeling happy, like giddy happy.

I got out of bed, made some hot tea, and went in my tiny little yard full of my cute little succulent collection and rocked in my hammock and sipped my tea with a warm purring kitty in my lap and a big black dog at my feet.








It has been 8 days of no cutting.  Tomorrow I am cutting my hair off for Locks of Love which both excites me and terrifies me.  It's just hair, right?  Right?  I wish that were true.  Today I felt protective, capable, grateful, strong, connected, love, and loved.