Friday, March 30, 2012

Awesome Sauce!

Despite my post last night, I feel like this today:




 I'm pretty sure that's what I look like when I dance.  I think a lot of it has to do with actually going to work in the field yesterday. I've been feeling so bored and useless these last 9 months without a job and a life. I spent the day surrounded by preschoolers and my coworker instead of hiding under my covers until therapy.

My feet
Maybe it's cuz everything I'm wearing today is new. For some reason I have been saving (well it's more like avoiding buying myself stuff), every gift card I've gotten for like five years. Now I have this abundance of gift card money and nothing to buy. I don't know why I never spent any of them. I love shopping, but I hate shopping for me. So after work yesterday, I made myself go get a few things. No one could guess by looking at me, or even looking at my shoe inventory, but I have a thing for shoes. If I had the money to support my addiction, I'd need a 12 step program. I got these new kicks for way cheap online, but they arrived today...super fast. I think they may be a half size too big though.  I think I'm way too excited about my new keens and my shirt with thumb holes built in.  It's just a simple black shirt, but it has thumb holes!  and I didn't have to cut them myself!

I got a lot done today. I went to a couples therapy intake session. Yeah...was as fun as it sounds, but not nearly as bad as I expected. I always hate giving my life history. I hate the pitying looks I get in response. It was also way harder with my girlfriend sitting next to me. I felt a lot more panic and anxiety about my answers than I usually do. I'm not sure why. The questions were really invasive and specific. I'm not sure why they needed such extremely detailed information to find us a couples therapist. My girlfriend seemed really shocked at my answers, which made me feel weird and kind of twitchy.

I also filled out my time sheet for work, entered my direct deposit information, selected my benefits at work, did some DBT homework, made a doctors appointment for my TB test and my gross tongue issue, called Dr. K for help with my DBT homework (never done that before. She was spewing out way too much praise). I also cleaned and gardened. Whoop.

I'm gonna meet a friend for tea right now and then I'm going out to dinner with my girlfriend later.