Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Itching to go whale watching!

I really messed up the comments on my blog and they may be gone forever, but maybe I can see this as a way to start over.

I'm feeling okay today.  I'm really stressed out from my insurance because I've reached my out of pocket max but for some reason my insurance is being weird about it.  After being bounced from company to company and speaking to a million people and nearly losing it I decided to let my university benefits office deal with it instead.  Hopefully it gets sorted out soon because I am so broke.  I'm lucky to have a girlfriend who makes enough for us to get by if we budget correctly.

I'm really excited for this weekend because some friends and I are going down to Orange County (about 60 miles away) to go camping and blue whale watching.  We bought super cheap tickets on groupon.  I'm super excited.  I've never been on a boat before, well not one in the ocean.  I've been on a boat-ish thing on a lake once before and I've kayaked but I've never been on a boat in the ocean.  I've never seen a whale before either except for this one time when I took my dogs to the dog beach and there was a dead beached whale on the sand.  Really sad, but also kind of cool to see an animal like that up close at the same time.

My meds are helping me maintain my base level of emotions a little bit.  They aren't making me feel better but they are helping me not feel so extreme, more level.  These are the meds that are making me itchy and can cause that dangerous rash.  Doctor Patrick wants me to stop taking them, but I asked if we could please try it for a few more days to see if the itching stops because this is the first med I've ever taken that has made any difference for me.  He said that if the itching doesn't stop by Friday or even if just one bump develops I have to stop.  I hope that doesn't happen.  In the meantime I've feeling kind of itchy and bitchy.  haha.  I'm taking a ton of benadryl which makes me feel like I've been hit by a truck, but it stops the itching.  I guess we'll wait and see.

I've also made plans for the 4th of July weekend which I'm also excited about.  I've decided that I need to start planning things that I cannot back out of.  If I make a commitment to someone else or buy tickets, I'll actually get out of the house and start living my life and maybe feeling better.  No one else is going to do it for me.